Who can apply?

Anyone who would like to apply for Housing in Ceredigion can use the service. To apply to join the Housing Register you must be over 16 years of age.
You will need to complete an application form, which can be obtained from this website. The application form enables you to apply for a Housing Association property. For details on how to contact us and our opening hours click How to Contact Us.

Before you are offered a property you will be asked to provide further documents to support your application. We will tell you what documents to provide and when to provide them.

If you do not fill in the application form properly it will be returned to you. The date it is accepted will be the date the fully completed form is received.

If you do not provide us with all the information required your application may be accepted onto the housing register but will not be awarded any priority. Once the application is received your application will be assessed and placed in the appropriate band. View Policies for more details on our banding scheme.

Who cannot apply?

Some people are not eligible to register to apply for social housing. Applicants need to be British Citizens or have been granted leave to remain. This means a person who has the right to stay in the UK for an unlimited amount of time. 

People who do not have recourse to public funds, or have a short-term immigration status won’t be eligible even if they would normally qualify because they are homelessness, have a disability or are overcrowded.